Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Check your judgments at the door

We have all fallen short of the Glory of God.

We are all Sinners.

  With concepts like this, how is it we are caught in a perpetual desire for judging each other. We judge each others looks, our cloths, our intellects, our ideas, our choices, etc etc.  We have unrealistic 'reality shows' based on judging (see American Idol and such). I mean please, Simon couldn't sing a lick's worth compared to most of the finalists on that show so why does he get to judge anything but bad hairdo's (see, see, I just judged his looks).

Let us try to be intentional about stopping the judgementalism.   The Word says you'll be judge as you judged, scary thought but I think its true, and not just in the next world. I can say that I've went through some really tough times that brought tons of judgement against me, and really got me to thinking about how much I've judged others in the past. Judging others serves no good purpose does it? Other than to make you feel high and mighty, which if you know anything of God is one of the things He seems to hate most, so not a trait you want to grow.  Every time you find yourself judging someone, you need to remember that you have done your fair share of horrible things whether in thought or action; and you still have plenty of time to do more things worthy of judgement before your time is over. Instead of judging, let your noticing of whatever it is you want to judge be a motivator to encourage the person to a better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment